With this delicious and lightning fast meal, all of your "What should I make?" questions are answered. This recipe yields 4 small servings or 2 heaping servings.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Yield: 4-5 cups of soup
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 a medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 - 15oz cans of Black Beans (no salt) drained and rinsed
2-3 cups of Broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
1 whole piece of a jarred Fire-Roasted Red Pepper
1/2 tsp of ground Cumin
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper ground
1/4 tsp Red Pepper flakes
Salt 1/4 tsp or to taste
1. In a medium pot, add olive oil. Turn burner on medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion. Cook until softened but not browned.
3. Add 2 cups of Broth and remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
4. Turn off the heat and blend the soup with an immersion blender or a regular blender. Blend to desired consistency. Be careful of hot splatter!
5. Serve alone or with a combination of toppings.
*Note: If soup is too thick, add more Broth to thin it out.